Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Crack of dawn

Tina can't run tonight, so she conned me into getting up at the crack of dawn to do our buddy run. Man, I am such a good running buddy.
:-P

She picked me up about 5:50AM and we drove a couple of blocks over to Shinn Pond. This is where I usually walk Bam and she can be off leash, so we took her along for a morning run. I think she was the only one awake. At first I thought it was going to be pretty cool, but it quickly warmed up and I was sweating like a pig, as usual. Bam was happy as a clam and ran hiter and yon. Tina had no residual effects from Saturday's run, and I did okay. I was starting to get side cramps towards the end of the run. Not sure what that was about.

I did notice that the people seemed friendlier than those we see running in the early evening. Everyone says 'hello' and one guy was WAY too cheerful for so early in the day. He must have had his coffee before his run.

Anyway, we did a smidge over 4 miles in about 47 minutes. This includes a couple of puppy pit stops and clean up....just in case you needed to know.

No comments: