Friday, June 16, 2006

Running: Intervals

Last night Tina, Bam and I went in search of a track. Who would have thought that finding a high school or junior high school track would require so much work? Don't all schools have tracks?!?! We finally found one...not a nice springy track, but a regular old dirt one. It worked fine though. I'm sure Bam was wondering what the heck we were doing. Why are we going around in circles??? I've already smelled this grass 4 times!

We did 1/2 mile warm up, 1 mile of intervals (running the straight part of the track, and jogging or walking the turns to recover), and 1/2 mile jogging to cool down. Bam is such a trooper at the running thing! She's trained the least and is in the best shape. Tina and I are a bit discouraged, however, since neither of us feels like we're progressing. It's harder to run this go-round and I feel like I'm bogging down. Just not where I think I was at this time last training session. Tina proposes that we stop comparing ourselves to Bam and then maybe we'll feel better. Heeheeheehee.

No comments: