Monday, June 26, 2006

Disappointment












Here's one disadvantage of buying the first year model of a motorcycle....there are very few after market accessories. Luckily there's a Kawi 650R website where people talk about modifications they've made. I go there to get ideas about where to get the parts I want to swap out or add. One thing I've been wanting to change for some time is the windscreen. It needs to be just a bit taller, or shaped differently, to deflect more wind at freeway speeds. Another 650R owner on the website posted about a windscreen for our bike that she bought from a company out of Canada and she posted pics. It looked nice, and better yet she said it made a huge difference at higher speeds.

So about 2 months ago, I ordered one in grey smoke. Cool. About a week after I ordered it, I got a call so they could verify the color and to let me know that it takes about 3 weeks to make and for them to get it in from France. I guess our bike has been available in Europe for a bit longer than here in the states, so they have more and sometimes better after market parts. The Canadian company actually imports parts from France. Then it would take about 3 more weeks to get it to me from Canada. Let's see 3+3=6, right? So 6 weeks? Okay, it's been more than 8 weeks! I called them 2 weeks ago and was told that it was shipped to me on 5/31, so I should have it by 6/16. Every day I come home and hopefully look by the front door to see if there's a new windscreen for me. Every day I'm disappointed. ARGH! Where is my freakin' windscreen!?!? Alas, hope springs eternal and I shall keep looking at the front step. However, patience not being my strong suit, I shall also call and harass them.

No comments: