Sunday, June 25, 2006

BBQ

Today was Tina's fundraiser BBQ. Small crowd, but she raised $810 for TNT! You go girl! That should put her almost at her goal! Awesome!

The food was fantastic (great job Tina & Matt), and there was more than enough to go around. A bunch of folks who said they were coming didn't show, which kind of sucks. But the folks that did show had a grand time! Callie (Tina's golden) made an appearance and snatched some garlic bread right out of thin air. Okay, it was out of someone's hand, but still a neat trick!

There was a jousting ring where two people stand on these bean bag like pedestals and then try to knock each other off with big 'ol padded 'sticks.' I say sticks, but those suckers were about 6 feet long and about 10" diameter. And heavy! A few minutes in the ring and I was wiped. Tina's memory has been clouded by all the margaritas she drank, so she thinks she kicked my butt. Alas, it was I who did the butt kicking. Until I jousted Jeff that is. He cheats, so he won our match.

Anywho, it was a great time ~ kudos to Tina and Matt!

After we left the party we did some chores at home, then had to run out to do an errand. Great time to hop on the bikes (motorcycles....not bicycles). Jeff says I'm getting better at keeping up, so that's good to hear. I thought I was making progress and getting more confident, but it's good to have another opinion on the matter. His bike is almost twice the displacement of mine, so of course he likes to make fun of how small I look in the mirror so quickly. Brat.

No comments: