Friday, September 22, 2006

What have I been doing?!?!?

I've been very busy thank you very much. So, I'm going to do one post to update the last week and then maybe I'll get back on track with my posts.

9/19 - Buddy run. Tina and I headed over to Garin since we hadn't been there in a while. Sadly, it's getting dark so early now it's tough to get after work runs in! We did the loop with the smaller hills, which I think is about 3.5 miles. Neither of us had our Garmins, since Tina was sure I'd have mine she didn't bring hers. I couldn't find mine (later found it buried in the dirty laundry) so we guesstimated time at about 40 minutes. Not bad since I'm sure you remember that Garin is a bit hilly. A good run.

9/20 - Jeff couldn't make his workout at the gym this morning with the trainer, so I went in his place. Got a good overall workout. About 2/5 legs, 2/5 arms and 1/5 abs. I didn't feel totally beat afterwards, just like I got a good workout, but man was I sore for a couple of days! I have to get back into the gym on a regular basis and soon. Also did our usual swim of about 40 laps in the evening. It was REALLY crowded at first, only one lane open. Tina spoke to one of the instructors tho and they kicked the little kiddies out of the lane and we took over. Go Tina. :-)

9/21 - Track workout. We did circuits even tho I was still sore from yesterday. We did the whole set although I imagine I was running much slower than usual. 1 warm up lap, 1 lap, 1 circuit-25 squats, 20 crunches, 15 pushups, 25 squats, 1 lap, 1 circuit-10 supermen, 20 crunches, 10 left leg only squats, 10 right leg only squats, repeat the whole sequence (except the warm up lap). We might have mixed up the circuits a little, but we got the just of it. I think it actually helped my muscles loosen up to do some exercise.

9/22 - REST DAY! WOO HOO!

We're going to do our long run on Sunday this week. It's an 8-miler and I'm being given a second chance at course plotting. Remember-those little numbers are 'elevation', don't pick the big ones. Hahahahaha.

No comments: