Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Warm up

I have told myself to take it easy this week. One reason is to recover from the disaster last Saturday. Also, I want to rest a bit to give myself a chance to have a good run at the Disney 1/2 marathon on Sunday. So, do I listen to myself? No, not really. Sigh.

I started out to do a short run to see how I would feel. I headed out from my house, down Niles Blvd towards Quarry lake, around the big hay field, through the Isherwood staging area, across Alameda Creek and back the same route. I felt pretty good on the way out. On the way back, with about 1 mile left to go I started to feel really tired. What's going on? I should be able to do this run without feeling it at all. Granted it's a bit faster than a 'long' run pace, but still. I know, I know, I'm probably pushing myself too hard. I guess Tina's right...I am an over achiever. It was warm today, so maybe that contributed to my fatigue. Maybe I was dehydrated. Who knows. On a positive note, my shin seems to have given in to my will. It didn't bother me at all tonight. Then again, maybe it's laying low to act up at a most inopportune time. We shall see.

Total time: a little over an hour. Total distance: somewhere just under 6 miles. My GPS zonked out a little over 1/2 way (which was 2.8 miles). When I looked at it as I arrived home it said 11.something miles. Uh, yeah, I don't think so.

No comments: