Thursday, September 14, 2006

Cool, cool, cool

Tina and I went to take a quick spin around Coyote Hills. We wanted to do just a couple or three miles to keep loose for Disney. We took off about 6:45, only to arrive at the park gates just as the ranger was getting ready to lock up. Since the days are shorter now, the park closes at 7:00 instead of 8:00. Argh.

So instead we went over to Don Edwards regional park and the gates there don't close until 8:00, so we did a quick jaunt around two small loop trails. And man, it felt like winter was closer than summer. It was breezy and cool and I wished I had been wearing my running pants instead of my shorts. I did have a long sleeved shirt, thank goodness. It was still too cool for my comfort. I was barely sweating, which for me is saying something.

2.21 miles in 23:45 or so.

The bad news....my shin started a bit of achiness. Go away pain, I'm not giving in. We'll see how it holds up at Disney.

No comments: