- It was long
- It could loosely be called a run
- It lasted 2 hrs 45 minutes
- I went 14.6 miles
- That's 11:18 average/mile
- That's close enough for government work (hey, I used to work for the government so I'm allowed to say that) to my marathon pace
- T and I (sans pups) avoided the rain, which didn't hit until Sunday
- Based on the number of gels I consumed, I should need...oh....10 for my marathon...seriously?!?! 10?!?!?
- Even with all those gels (5 for this run) I still started bonking
- T was an awesome sherpa, armed with extra Honey Stinger gummies and H20 and she talks to me without expecting me to answer back :-)
- I reaffirmed that I hate my amphipod, but then realized its only the bigger bottles that I hate because they won't stay snapped into the belt
- I realized that after running more than 2 hours or so, there are no *minor* annoyances
- I'm only slightly more than 1/2 way to a marathon.
- I should like to cry now
Sunday, March 01, 2009
Time on my feet
Saturday was my long run. I don't have a whole lot to say about it.
Posted by Kris at 10:36 PM