Sunday, March 08, 2009

Crash and burn

My training schedule called for a 3 hour run yesterday.  And as anxious as I've been to get some miles in, I headed out into the beautiful sunshine to hit that 3 hour mark.  Despite this ongoing sinus issue.  Despite having lost my appetite and not eaten much on Thursday night or all day Friday.  Anyone who thinks this is going to have a happy ending?  Anyone?  Anyone?  Bueller?

I packed a bunch of gels and Luna moons, planned my route to hit a couple of water fountains en route and headed out with my tunes playing away on my iPod.  T was off on a long bike ride so I was on my own for this torture fest.

The first hour and 1/2 went along smoothly.  I was feeling pretty good.  10 mile mark? Check! And it all went downhill from there.  I started feeling light headed and my legs decided they were done running, thank you very much.  I pushed on until about 2:35 and that was it.  I was toasted.  I gave in to the big 'oh, hell no' my body was giving me and walked the rest of the way home.  So, with less than 5 weeks until marathon day, I'm feeling really under prepped.  Sigh.

Oh, and yep, I'm *still* sick.  Awesome.  Tomorrow morning first thing I'm calling the doctor to see if they've had any cancellations that will get me in there sooner.  Sick and tired of being sick.

No comments: