Monday, April 28, 2008

Vicious Circle

Right now my life is stuck in a vicious circle.
  1. Work is so busy that I can't fit in my work outs, which stresses me out.
  2. Work is so busy that I'm stressed out about getting it all done.
  3. Working out is my stress release....please go to #1 and repeat.

See the problem here? I really need to find some balance. Hopefully getting away for the Pig 1/2 Marathon this weekend will break the cycle.

I can see the bay from my office, and the trail around the bay, and all the lucky people out there getting in their work-outs. It may be hard to believe, but I'm actually longing for a nice long run. Even a bunch of nice long runs. Shoot, even a bunch of short runs would be awesome at this point. I know....I know....just a few months ago I was saying I never wanted to run another 1/2 because it was miserable. Fickle is my middle name. Stressed is now my first name.

No comments: