Monday, April 21, 2008

Fat Kids...Take 2

Yep, the Fat Kids rocked the relay this year for sure. Neither wind, nor cold, nor dark of night kept the kids from finishing up the relay once again....and about 3 hours faster than last year. Schweeeet. :-)

I'll give a more comprehensive write up when my brain has come out of the fog a bit more. For now I'll just say that 2 vans, 12 fat kids, 36 legs, and 199 miles = big fun with an unhealthy dose of sleep deprivation.

Here are the legs I ran:

Around 9:30 am Saturday, 7.4 miles, average pace 9:12
Difficulty rating: Moderate

This run wasn't too bad, probably because my legs were fresh. Although once again, I think other peoples definition of 'flat' is *very* different than mine.


Around 10:15 pm Saturday, 5.3 miles, average pace 9:16
Difficulty rating: Easy (hahahaha)

Although there was much less elevation change, this run was a little weird because it was so dark and I was running on sidewalks a lot of the way, with potential tripping hazards everywhere. Also, it was past my bedtime. :-)


Around 8:30 am on Sunday, 5.1 miles, average pace 10:06
Difficulty rating: Hard (I'll say!)

Okay, this run just plain sucked. Uphill most of the way, running on about 3 hours of sleep, with some pretty crappy nutrition thrown in for good measure. The best thing about this run....it was my last one of the relay! Unlike last year when I ran four legs, as soon as I finished this sucker up I was DONE! :-)

No comments: