Thursday, March 06, 2008

No spin for you!

I dragged my butt out of bed at 4:45 this morning, planning on hitting the 5:30 spin class. I arrived at the gym about 5:20 only to learn that it was already full. Argh! I quickly squashed any blooming thoughts of going back home to sleep for an extra hour and made myself climb on the treadmill instead. Dang it, I knew I should have brought my running shoes instead of my gym shoes. Well, at least my gym shoes are running shoes, just not *my* running shoe. My gym shoes are Nikes, which I haven't had great luck running in.

I put in a steady hour on the treadmill, 1% incline, just over 6.5 miles. I did a few ab exercises while I cooled down from the run and then called it a day.

I think that's my last attempt at making it to spin. I refuse to get up any earlier than I already do. I'll just have to make my own spin class on my trainer at home. I'm glad to have put in a fair distance run tho, so the day wasn't a total waste. :-)

On a side note, I'm stressing over trying to fit in swimming, biking and running for my combo of events coming up in the next couple of months. I seem to go back and forth between feeling like it will be ok and totally stressing. I just look at the training schedule and freak out. Okay, okay, deep, calming breaths. Ooooooommmmm.

No comments: