Monday, September 01, 2008

Weekend Labors

Here is just a quick summary of my Labor Day activities:
  1. Some actual work, not as much as I should have finished. But, hey, this is supposed to be a *holiday* weekend. And Labor Day to boot. So fire me. No, really. Please fire me. :-)
  2. Trimmed up the locks. Thought about chopping it off, but had a last minute change of heart. Maybe in October.
  3. A bit of house cleaning, but not as much as I should have. Hey, see #1. :-)
  4. Sunday morning T and I went to 'our local Road Runner' store to run the Nike+ Human Race. We showed up right on time at 9:00 to see folks finishing up. Um, yeah, seems the stores were setting their own hours for the run, and it started at 8:00. But the nice man from the store gave us the lowdown on the route, handed us our freebies (a Nike bag and a tech tee), and we were off. I told T that since we got the goods we could just skip the running part, but slave driver that she is it was no dice. Whew, was it toasty. Now we know why they started at 8:00 instead of 9:00. 10k in about 1:03.
  5. Monday there was training with Elena. Yeah, we're hitting the weights again. One word...OUCH. Then T wanted to ride Palomares and I unwittingly plotted out a route back through the Hayward Hills. Well, we had been wanting to do some hill training. But I really didn't need to try to kill us the first time out. Wiped out.
The rest of the weekend was spent running errands, kicking back, walking the mutt (who may need an MRI, which is a long story), and a general mish-mash of activities. Hope you and yours had a fabulous long weekend, and may the next one last a little longer. Please. :-)

No comments: