Friday, September 19, 2008

Let's Make a Deal

Just out of curiosity.....can I count a run as a 'good' run if I have to play let's make a deal with myself for pretty much the last half? If so, then I had a good run at lunch today. If not, I'm still zero for....however many workouts I've done since the 1/2 IM.

I was able to squeeze in 5 miles at 'lunch' and it felt pretty good for the first 3 to 3 1/2. That's when the deal making started. It was "Just keep running until X or Y", like "Just keep running until this song ends OR you get to that building." And then it was another 'x or y' situation. I managed to deal my way into running the entire 5 miles and kept my pace around 9:30. Not great, but better than it's been going lately.

It's too soon to tell, but maaaaybe I'm rising out of the slump a wee bit.

No comments: