Sunday, May 31, 2009

Wrapping it up

You guessed it folks...time for a rest week!  Woot!

This weekend wrapped up a two week build.  Yesterday was a 4 hour ride, today was a 1.5 mile open water swim event (with enough warm up/cool down for a total of 2 miles) as well as a 2-1/2 hour ride.  Whew.  

The swim went ok.  Not as good as I might have liked, but just ok.  Start off with the fact that the sign up sheet said we needed to be there by 7:30 for sign in.  And we thought our event was at 9:15, when the wetsuit division didn't actually start until 9:40.  So we warmed up and got ready to go, then had to sit around for about a 1/2 hour.  Soon enough we waded in and swam out to the start line tho and then we were off.  Wow, these folks are serious swimmers.  I'm usually a pretty solid middle of the packer, but I was just hoping not to be last.  I didn't have *any* panic or issues getting going, maybe because there was so much clear water.  I was trying to find someone to draft off,  but pretty much everyone was zooooom, gone.  So I was on my own.  I was swinging wide at the turns for some reason, so I think I actually swam more than 1.5 miles, but it was a solid effort.  Finished up in about 52 minutes.

With work being so crazy, I'm really looking forward to this next week.  And what better way to start off the rest week than with a rest day. Wheee!

No comments: