Sunday, May 03, 2009

One down....

One week of IM training down.  And it would seem, the weekends especially are going to be hell. In the words of Inigo Montoya: "Let me 'splain.  No, there is too much.  Let me sum up."

This week was a total of 12.5 hours of workouts.  Sounds like a lot, I know.  But what just about killed me this week is that roughly 7.5 of those hours were weekend training hours.  Yeah, seems that IM is all about the 'go long' training session.  Go figure.

Some each of swimming, biking, running, all week long, with a rest day on Friday.  Then a 5+ hour ride on Saturday.  And just for fun, a 1 hour run followed by a 1:20 ride on Sunday.  I'm beginning to see what I've gotten myself into and it is a *bit* scary.  

Oh, and the ride on Saturday was hilly.  Oh, and it was pouring rain for about 40-50 miles of the ride.  Oh, and it was chilly.  Oh, and....and....and.... *sigh*  I guess the hardening process might be a bit more painful than I allowed myself to think about.  No worries, I will get there.  I will.

1 comment:

moon maiden said...

Yes you will. With the Goddess's help and Uncle Robert looking out for you...you WILL make it. Love You Much.