Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Spin class = blech!

Okay so I already knew that, for me, spin class is as exciting as running on a treadmill. But I dragged my sorry butt out of bed at 4:45 yesterday morning and went anyway.

I got there just in time to find out the only bikes left were the ones with 'Needs Repair' tags on them. Greaaat. The instructor hopped on them and spun the gears a bit and pronounced them 'safe' if those of us waiting for bikes wanted to try them. Okay, I'm here, I might as well climb aboard. The bike was okay, a little clunky in the gearing, but nothing major. Yeah, it was just as boring as I remembered. Even tho there's music, and you do different types of pedaling, and it's probably *really* good for training my biking muscles, I'm pretty much just watching that minute hand creep it's way around. Slowly. I could swear that it moved backwards once, but that might have been the sweat in my eyes. But I did it. I probably won't be able to make myself get up that early very often, but I'm going to make an attempt to hit the class at least *occasionally*. Now that's commitment, eh? :-)

After work I did a 4-miler at Shinn Pond with the Bams. I think she secretly hates running with me. I get irritated if she stops to sniff too much and slows me down. I really need to work on that 'enjoying' the run thing, not focusing on the time. But then, that's nothing new eh? I bet if I go out to the hilly trails I'll be forced to focus on enjoying the run, because I just can't drag my butt around those hills all that fast. Actually, come to think of it, I can't drag my butt around *anywhere* all that fast. Hahaha!

No comments: