Saturday, January 26, 2008

Easing back into it

So luckily this is my 'taper' week, because with having been sick I'm definitely not ready for a full on week of running. I really felt the need to just get out and loosen up my legs a bit. So I hooked up the pup (I know, I know, she's not a 'pup' any more, but she is to me :-) and we took off for a bit of a jog. I didn't want to push too much because I *definitely* don't want to relapse. So I figured a nice easy 4-5 miles at a nice easy pace. Bam and I were both lagging. I think we both push a lot more when we have companions to keep up with. Ah well, I'm supposed to be taking it easy anyway, right?

My Nike+ was working today....I think. The Garmin logged in 4.53 miles, which I think is accurate, but Nike+ logged in 5.53, or something like that. Bizarre.

I'm definitely not fully recovered. While the run was nice and easy, I'm a lot more tired than I think I should be. I haven't had too much of an appetite, which is probably part of it. I need to eat more and drink a lot more (water!) in the next week to get fully recovered for the 1/2 on Sunday. We'll see how it goes.

Here are the Garmin stats:

No comments: