Wednesday, January 25, 2012

recap, the bullet version

I was going to do a recap of my rest week, but as usual, time has run away with me and it may be a bit late.

Just a couple highlights then:

  • I did get out to run some trails with JoLynn (and the adorable Boomer). I always enjoy my time with her and don't get enough of it. That's one problem with being so scheduled. Not a lot of spontaneity. But she's the first one I ping when I have a workout that lends itself to company.
  • Bike test...winning!  Not to brag....ok, to brag a little....I had a really good bike test. Never as good as I'd like it to be, but pretty darn good. I bumped up 10 watts, and that might not make sense to either of you, dear readers, but let me tell you....any time you get an email from your coach that involves capital letters, it's either really good or really bad. Yes, this was a good one. (And yes, I have, on a rare occasion, been on the receiving end of one of the other kind.  That one is now posted on my 'motivational' board.)
  • Had a good visit with my PT. I can actually extend my left arm over my head now. Which let me tell you, is pretty important for swimming.  And even if it did feel like an elephant stepped on my ribs the day after, it was worth it.
In other goings-on, my first race is in a bit over 2 weeks!  Woot!  And whoa.  That sure snuck up on me.  I'm looking for some good things on the running legs, and the bike leg....well, here's the profile.


Yeah, that's going to be a challenge. But then again, that's what this year is all about, challenges. The bike course is on a route known around here as the 3 bears. I think those are Mama and Papa. I'm not sure if we also cover Baby, but it's a lot of bears. My legs should be good and smoked by the end of the duathlon. And that, folks, is what it's all about.

No comments: