Sunday, December 02, 2007

Woodside Trail

Glutton for punishment that I am, I signed up for the Woodside Trail run. It was yesterday. I'm still wiped out.

I had originally signed up for the 17k (temporary insanity is my plea), but our day was filling up with required activities, so I *had* to cut it back to the 10k. Thank goodness for that!

I don't know why I can't seem to remember that I do NOT like this trail. While it's not too far away, and the trail is certainly very beautiful, it's hell to run it. The first part is down, down, down for maybe 1.5k. It's never a good sign when the run starts off down hill. What goes down must come up. And up did I go. And up, and up. Oh, here's the elevation guide:



Um, so yea, see how you get to go down the hill for about 1.5k, then the next 5-6k is ALLLLL uphill. That's why I hate this trail. I don't mind the hills *as much* when it's more rolling hills. Up a bit, then get rewarded by going down the hill for a bit. So, I'm making a mental note not to run this trail again. Hopefully I'll remember.

This was my last scheduled run for the season, so hopefully I can stay in shape. With the holidays fast approaching, and the lack of sunlight hours, it's getting hard to find time for everything. Maybe now that I don't have any runs scheduled I can get in some time on my Ruby. I need to get that $$/mile cost down. :-)

No comments: