Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Spinning

Since it's pretty much dark when I get up for work, and dark when I get home from work, Jeff bought me a used bicycle trainer so I could 'ride' during the winter. Tonight was the first night I made my sorry butt get up there and pedal. It wasn't as bad as I expected, but I didn't have the resistance turned up too high either. I really want to get Ruby out on the road, but no way I'm risking it in the dark. That will have to wait until this weekend, but the trainer may be a nice break from running for a while. We'll see how it goes.....as usual.

On a sad note, my grandma's friend lost her battle with leukemia this week. She hadn't been doing well, pretty sick from both the disease and the chemo/radiation, so although it's a sad occasion, in some ways it's a relief. Another name on the "running in memory of" list. I wish that list would stop growing. Sigh.

1 comment:

tina said...

Does this mean no 5:30am spin class with me? I'm sad. :)