Thursday, March 22, 2007

Big news and a run too

My new niece was born today at 11:28 am. Parker Emily is her name and being a cutie is her game. Congrats to my brother and sister-in-law! Way to keep those grandkids coming so the pressure is off me! ;-)

Tina, Bam and I did a 'quick' 5-1/2 miler out at Coyote Creek. The weather was awesome, a little breezy but not too bad and just warm enough to be comfortable without wanting to die. Bam was panting pretty hard and I thought we were going to have to carry her for a while, but she seemed to get a second wind whenever she saw a ground squirrel or anything that might be a ground squirrel.....like a moth. A couple of times she practically tumbled me down the hill. If not for my quick reflexes in bracing myself I'm sure I would have rolled like a tumbleweed.....much to Tina's amusement. At least I had my cell phone so I could have called an ambulance. Well, we did about 5.5 miles in about 1:05. Not too bad for our first longer road run in quite a while.

Saturday is the big one....a 20k (about 12.5 miles) trail run with somewhere around 2100 feet of elevation. What was I thinking?!?!? If I survive I'll blog the hellacious experience.

No comments: