Sunday, March 25, 2012

thankful

I'm buried in work right now  (yes I even worked over the weekend),  but I wanted to make sure and post something I'm thankful for:

  • I'm thankful for blogs.  Jennifer introduced herself to me via my blog a couple weeks ago.  She's another ELF-lete in the bay area, and she's racing Honu too!  She had posted some info about a new saddle she was trying after having some issues.  I had some bits that were *quite* unhappy with my saddle, so I snagged one of the ones she recommended. I wasn't getting my hopes up, but I had it installed, and my first ride on the new saddle was a 3-1/2 hour trainer ride (crappy weather here).  HAPPY DANCE!  It wasn't like sitting on a couch, but it's so much better than the old one. Thank you Jennifer for the recommendation!
  • And of course I have to say thanks to the best bike guy around (and PT, altho Katie who works with Curtis is pretty freaking amazing as well).  Thanks Curtis for getting that saddle on my bike lickety split and saving my bits from further torture.
 I told you it would be quick.  More details?  Training (big training block right now), work, work, try to have some time for husband, walk dog, eat, eat, eat.  Rinse, repeat.  I'll get a better update out soon.  Big deadline on Friday so then I should be able to breathe a bit.  Coincidentally next week will also be a rest week, so I plan to *really* enjoy the lesser work load to go along with it.

Edit:  For those that might be wondering the new saddle is an Adamo Typhoon.  I hated the first Adamo I had on my bike (one of the race models, I forget which), but this one has some gel padding and doesn't feel like a 2x4 under my butt.  It may be a bit wide for me at the front, damn thighs anyway, but I'm still adjusting and it's so much better than the last saddle I had on my bike.  Most importantly, it's more comfortable in aero than sitting up, where my old saddle was kind of torturous after being in aerobars a while.  If you're having saddle trouble, it may be worth trying.  Of course YMMV.  Cheers!

3 comments:

Molly said...

I'm so glad the new saddle worked for you! I love my Adamo but it makes me want to check out this version of it...

Jennifer said...

hurray!! So happy the saddle worked for you too. It took a couple times for me to adjust but I'm finally settling in without that awful stabbing bruised feeling in my crotch from all the other saddles I've tried.

cat. said...

Which one is it?