Thursday, September 17, 2009

Mutiny

Yes, folks, there's a mutiny in process.

My body is telling me that it has had *enough* thankyouverymuch. I have an increasing list of aches and pains plaguing me. Nothing serious yet and mostly they subside with icing/stretching/anti-inflammatories (in limited quantities). But I can almost hear them threatening to stick around if I don't start getting the message.

My workouts this week, the last BIG week prior to Kona, have been mostly less than stellar. HR up when it should be down, down when it should be up. Legs feeling like they weigh about 100 pounds each....and no, I haven't gained *that* much weight in pursuit of IronMan, although sometimes I feel like it.

I just need to make it through a big ride (7-ish hours) this weekend and the taper will start once again.

Coach is reassuring me that I've put in the work, not to worry. Better to be rested and not over trained heading to Hawaii. These last big workouts are more about nailing nutrition than gaining any kind of additional fitness. I'll definitely defer to the expert on this one.

So hold on legs, arms, lungs, and most especially heart and head. Stay in the game for just a few more weeks and I promise you a just reward. I see a long stretch of down time in the not-too-distant future.

1 comment:

IM deeply depressed said...

Probably a lot of stress going into the Ironman. let your body be your guide and listen. You can do it! We are all anxious and excited for you! Can't wait to see you then. Love You, Mom