Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Tri season in doubt?

With the lack of rainfall here in California, and this being the third year in a row with low rainfall, we're being warned about a drought that could be the worst in the history of the state.

What does this have to do with triathlon?, you may ask. Well, for most of the sprint tris I was considering this year (actually, even those I wasn't considering) the swim is held in a reservoir or lake that may be part of the reservoir system. So, no rain, no snow pack=no water in the reservoirs. So I may be doing less events than ever. Or maybe they'll turn them into duathlons? And if they do, will I still do them? Hmm, so many questions.

Luckily we're expecting a couple of storms to move through in the next few days. And hopefully they'll dump a bunch of rain. Well, not enough to flood....but a bunch.

I guess my tri season will be TBD.

No comments: