Wednesday, June 25, 2008

No thanks, I don't smoke

Sadly, the last few days *everyone* in the bay area has been getting second hand smoke. Smoke from all the wildfires raging around the state is getting pushed over the bay area and just hovering. Today was the worst day so far, altho the winds are picking up, so hopefully this junk will get blown somewhere else. Yeah, a bit of NIMBY (not in my backyard) attitude there.

Trying to get my workouts done in this crappy air hasn't been all that fun either. In fact, I've been working on talking myself out of some of them. What? The weather man says stay indoors? Guess I can't do my bike ride. Oh yeah, we have a trainer. Darn. Well I certainly can't do my run out there. Oh, gym membership you say. Sheesh.

Today I made myself head out for some brick workouts. And altho I felt fairly good doing them, I was rewarded with the nastiest headache I've had in a while. Damn that crappy air.

So while my brain tries to make me a couch potato, my stomach growls away and so I *must* workout to combat the incessant eating. In fact, I think it's time for my evening snack. Three cheers for snacks! Hip hip hip hooray!

No comments: