Friday, June 20, 2008

Looking for a light

There were some layoffs at my work a couple of weeks ago and altho I still have a job I've lost a bunch of other things.

  • My boss. He got laid off, which totally sucks. We've worked together for about 6 years and I'm really going to miss him. Not just as a boss, but as someone at work I could always talk to about anything.
  • Motivation. I just can't find any. I try to do my work, but feel like I'm wading thru mud. Not just regular mud either, but super thick, SF Bay mud.
  • Confidence. Not in myself, but in my company's upper management. I just feel like they don't really have a 'plan' to get us where we need to be.
  • Direction. My 'new' boss is so overloaded that I'm not getting any guidence. Not that I need it on a day to day basis, but it would be nice to have some idea about where I should focus my efforts (or lack thereof these days).

I do want to see the drug we're working on in leukemia succeed, and I think it could with the right guidance. I'm just not convinced we have the right team for that. So I'm looking for a light at the end of a very dark tunnel. I told some people at work today that I'm just not in a happy place and I think that about sums it up.

1 comment:

tina said...

Hang in there! Think of it as a long painful race... you'll either get your second wind, or it'll finally end. :)