Sunday, February 28, 2010

Closing it out

And another month comes to an end.

In a shameless bit of self promotion......


But then, this is my blog, I guess it's all shameless self promotion, eh?  I mean it *is* all about me after all.

Still feeling tired.  Seemingly more tired than I should be.  I've realized it's partly due to work.  Not just the regular crazy work stuff that everyone deals with, but the constant uncertainty.  I know that most everyone has some degree of uncertainty in their job, but when it gets to the point of wondering how many more months worth of money the company has, it's a little over the top.  I'm not even really worried about whether I'd be able to find another job.  I just want a little better idea of if I'll have to.  I can't imagine jumping ship at this point.  We're too close to something happening.  Either we get money, get bought, or fizzle out.  But something has to happen soon.  Of course, I thought that about this time last year too. I guess it's the nature of small biotech, but I may be getting too old for this kind of 'excitement'.

I may be stuck in my weight loss journey.  Which actually would be okay.  If this is where my body wants to be, then I'll live with it.  I'm about 10 pounds lighter than I was when I competed at Kona, most likely at least some of it muscle.  I'll find out a little more next weekend when I get dunked.  Sports Basement (a local sporting goods store) is having a tri-expo and they are offering body fat testing for $20, so I jumped on an appointment.  That's a deal.  Although, I'll probably make up the difference in purchases.  But, hey, it's stuff I would have 'needed' anyway!

Another small race in two weeks!  5k...less than half an hour....excellent. :)

February hours:
swim:  8.33
bike: 11.7
run: 7.64
strength: 8 
grand total: 35.67 

1 comment:

ShirleyPerly said...

Congrats on the athlete feature! I'm fairly new to reading your blog and didn't know how you got your Kona slot. You are the envy of many, for sure.

And have fun at the dunk test. $20 sounds like a real bargain to me.