Monday, August 10, 2009

Back to work!

Last week the most strenuous thing I did was walk my dog. And I didn't even take her on the hilly walk. Not even once.

We spent the weekend at Thunderhill race track where Jeff had his car out with the BMW car club. First impressions......the stereotype of Beemer drivers is well founded. And no, Jeff's car isn't a BMW....but his motorcycle is. Hahahahaha! Okay, okay. There were all sorts of cars out there, not just Beemers. An Elise, an Exige, a couple of radicals, an Aston Martin, and I even saw someone in a Hyundai. No. Really. A Hyundai.

It was loud. It was hot. Super hot. And we had to get up early. Not a big fan of that. Safely home, car *and* husband intact. Big fan of that. :)

Oh, and Bam tried out her Nanny. Since T is coming to Kona to root, root, root, for the pink bike I needed to find a baby sitter. Ok, a dog sitter. So even though T cursed at me for not getting Bam last weekend, we needed to see if: 1) the nanny would steal anything :) and 2) if Bam would eat the nanny. Luckily, it seemed to go well. At least the note from the nanny said it did, but they probably say that to all the dog moms. And nothing turned up missing. Jeff says it's probably because that would be too suspicious and instead they'll come back later and steal everything. Bwaaahahahaha.

So anyway, this week we ease back into moving the body. A little biking here. A little swimming there. And I do mean A LITTLE...like 1/2 an hour each day. NO running until next week. Oh. Darn. I say that, but funny enough, I find myself oddly unsettled with all this free time. I *want* to get moving again. And truth be known, I am kind of anxious to do some *hard* work. IM training is low intensity, long workouts. I want to do short, painful stuff that will make me faster. Alas, that will have to wait until October. No, probably November. Recovery from the second IM effort may take a bit longer....we'll see.

No comments: