Saturday, August 18, 2007

Swim Bike Run again

Tina and I did another sprint tri today. It was one of the "Tri for Fun" series, the last one of the summer. The organization offers 3 'fun' tris, one in June, one in July and one in August. Then in September they have the 'Tri for Real.'

They were pretty late getting started and Tina had somewhere to be later in the morning, so we slipped into the wave for 45+ yr old men. We weren't the only ones, there were maybe a dozen women who tagged along....and beat quite a few of the men. :-) We were around the 1/4 mile swim course in about 8 minutes, which is quite an improvement for us. We hit the transition and headed out on our bikes. I soon lost sight of Tina. Just couldn't seem to find my rhythm. Then up the one 'big' (not that big) hill on the course, I managed to kick out of my clip and lose all momentum. Sigh. Oh, hey, this is supposed to be 'fun' right? Back into the transition where Tina was waiting. I told her there's no 'waiting' in the transition area! She should have headed out already! We hit the road for the run and I still wasn't feeling it. Maybe I should have skipped my gym workout yesterday. I'll never learn. Tina beat me in by several minutes, but I think it was still my tri PR at about 1:18. Not bad.

Just wish I could figure out why I'm slowing down and getting more tired when I should be getting stronger with all the training. Sigh. It's always something. Well, at least I 'did the damn thing' as coach would say. :-)

No comments: