- Altho I feel ready to go, I've been having not so great dreams about race day. Missing the swim start, flat tires, etc. Just all kinds of things going wrong. Maybe my brain is just trying to plan for anything and everything? Who knows. But it's freaking me out a little.
- High temp for race day is currently 82. I can work with 82. In fact, that may be the coolest long course race I've done in.....well....actually.....it may be the coolest long course race I've ever done.
- I dropped my bike and gear bag off this morning for it's own trip to Canada. All my stuff is in that bag. Shoes, wetsuits, nutrition. I really, really hope it makes it. No reason to think that it won't right? (see Item #1)
- I have some time goals for Canada, of course. But I also put some goals out there that aren't based on time. There are many things I can work on in my race execution, one of the biggest being what goes on between my ears. That won't happen overnight, but I'm working on it.
- I am not entirely packed. I have started making piles of clothes tho. Boy do I have piles of clothes. I can't possibly need it all, but better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it, yes?
- I think my legs are finally waking up and shaking off some of the IM fatigue that has been beat into them over the past.....months. Nothing like waiting until the last minute! But Coach Liz says they're showing up right on schedule, so it's all good.
Oh, and Happy B'day to me! Now give me cake. Please.