I will admit....I'll be glad when race day is here. IM is stealing my weekends and I'd like them back.
Last weekend I followed up a 6+ hour brick on Saturday with a little 2 mile OW swim event on Sunday. Molly, my unofficial official photographer, was swimming the 1 mile. So she grabbed some pics:
|ELF athletes, pre-swim.|
|That's my yellow cap in the center...just after the start.|
In other news, I'm making a change. I'm leaving my full time job in favor of a part time contract programming position. Well, a couple of part time gigs actually. The things I'm looking forward to most:
- not having 6-ish hours of commute time/week
- working from home almost exclusively!
- setting my own work hours
- giving my brain a workout, instead of stagnating some more with my current work
- working with some former co-workers that are great friends
And now....I'm off to enjoy rest week. Ahhhhhhhh.