- I drive by a chocolate factory on my way into work. The delicious smell is bad enough most days, but pure torture when I've been to swim before work and am starving.
- Speaking of starving...I've been trying to clean up my diet in order to get to 'racing weight' before the half iron in September. But with the increase in training comes an increase in hunger and I haven't been very successful. I mostly want to eat whatever I can see.
- The entire month of July has been unseasonably cool here. One of the news stations said it's been the coolest July on record. Fabulous for doing workouts, but not so great for getting ready to race in the heat.
- This week the personal trainer had us workout on a gravity system . A whole new method of torture. Ouch.
- My hip seems to be mostly healed up (knock on wood) with just some residual tightness in the hamstring. No pain after long runs, up to 9 miles so far, so that's a good thing.
- I'm considering an investment in race wheels. Okay, not so much an investment as a 'just for fun because I want them' kind of purchase. Stimulating the economy and all. They'll be my birthday present this year for the "big" day.
- I've been craving diet Pepsi lately. Not so many years ago I was a "one a day" drinker. I've virtually eliminated it now, but as my friend Jolynn tells me: "Your addiction was just in remission." Hmm, seems sad but true. So far I've only caved once. I think my body is needing the caffeine right now. Okay, maybe not needing, but wanting. Need....want....same thing, no?
- Jeff and I are starting to feel the need (again, need/want) for a vacation. We usually plan something for the fall, but it looks like we're both going to be super busy at work this fall, so will probably put it off until spring. Maybe Belize.....ooooooh, whale shark diving. Yes please! Research is needed.
- A few times on our evening dog walk we've seen the most adorable Doberman puppy at the park. Which prompted me to check out the NorCal Doberman rescue group. You know...just to look. And although they have some great looking/sounding dogs and I'm tempted....I don't think it's fair to bring a new dog into the house right now. Bam is pretty satisfied with not sharing it seems to me.
- I'm planning to drive out to the race site of both my next races this weekend for my long ride/short run. It seems like a bit of a waste to drive more than I'll be riding (2 hour drive each way, 3:30 workout), but I think the experience of having seen the race course is worth it.
- A week from Sunday is my second to last tri of the season. It's been a great year so far, so I'm hoping to finish up the year in the style to which I've become accustomed.
- I plopped another 10k into my schedule in October. Why not?
- The offices on either side of mine are empty. People like to go into them to have 'private' conversations. I should probably tell them that when they face my office and talk I can hear everything they're saying. Yeah, I probably *should*.
Wednesday, July 28, 2010
A collection of completely unrelated thoughts
Posted by Kris at 9:58 AM