Sunday, December 14, 2008

Too much

So I'm thinking I might have gone from nothing to too much too soon. Although it's felt really good to get moving and get off my butt, I'm wiped out. Trying to start marathon training, while also getting back into the swim and bike of things has left me very tired. Oh, and of course there's also morning weight training with Elena. So I went from next to nothing to no rest day at all this week. Hm, not so smart. :-)

I repeated the first week of my Runners World marathon training plan since it's a 16 week plan that doesn't officially start until tomorrow. And I have to say the 6 miler (bumped up to 6.5 for good measure) was actually harder than last week. What's up with that. Couldn't have been the wind, rain, and chilly weather could it? T kept me on track though and didn't let me bail early, much as I might have liked to. It seems that along with my decline in cardio fitness, I've lost quite a bit of mental toughness as well. At least I've got 4 months to get ready for my last marathon. (Famous last words, eh?)

No comments: