Monday, August 11, 2008

R & R & R

Rest.....Relax.....Rot (in front of the tube)

So, I've been mostly slacking off since Barb's race a little over a week ago.  I think I maybe earned a bit of a rest.  I did a nice easy trail run last week, and a moderate 1 hour ride this weekend.  Otherwise I've been pretty much vegetating. Especially now that the Olympics are on.  Can I just say that Michael Phelps *rocks*? A freaking 6'7" wing span...insane!  And how about Jason Lezak edging out Frenchie in the relay?!?!?  That was some AWESOME excitement!  I'm still exhausted, but I think now its due to late night Olympics viewing instead of HIM exhaustion.   

Tonight I made myself squeeze in a run before hurrying back to my tube.  I popped out a 10k before collapsing for the evening waiting for my Phelps Phix.

I've signed up for a couple of small events to hold me over until the next big thing.  I've got a sprint tri this Saturday, a sprint tri at the end of September, and a 10k in mid-September.   That'll keep me busy for a bit.  In the meantime I'm looking for more. :-)

No comments: