Thursday, May 08, 2008

Where's the race report?!?!

I promise....it's coming. There's just so much to write about!

The short story is that the travel was a bit exhausting, the race was SUPER fun, my brother did AWESOME in his first 1/2 marathon, and Jeff finished his leg of the relay marathon in pain, but he FINISHED! SCHWEET!

In fact, I had so much fun running with my bro that I was *thinking* that I might do a full with him next year if he does one. Please, someone slap me now.....hard.

Anyway, I got home on Monday evening and took Tuesday as a 'recovery' day. I did NOTHING and feel just that much more behind in training. On Wednesday we were back with our trainer for some upper body/ab work, and we threw in a 2300 yd swim just for kicks. Kicks...get it...hahahaha. Okay, okay, so I'm a little tired. :-)

Today we were up before dawn cracked and squeezed in a 15-1/2 mile ride in a little over an hour.

Now I'm exhausted. Ha, who am I kidding, I'm always exhausted. Oh, also I gained 4 pounds over the weekend. I'm hoping it's just from the run, the travel, and being dehydrated. But I haven't jumped back on the scale. I'm too scared those pounds are here to stay.

No comments: