Sunday, June 03, 2007

Hangin' with my favorite girls


Spencer


Parker

I spent Memorial Day weekend with my brother, sister-in-law and 2 nieces in Illinois. Spencer is 3-1/2 and Parker is a little more than 2 months. It was a fantastic weekend. The girls are soooo cute.

Parker, being just a little one, isn't too active but she sure is cuddly. She's got blue eyes and dark hair. Spencer is hell on wheels and is a blue eyed-blondie. Their little faces are quite similar and I told my brother that there's no mistaking these two are sisters. Spence is a good big sister and kisses and hugs Parker. It's really cute. Let's see if that attitude continues when Parker starts being able to grab Spencer's stuff. ;-)

We had one good thunderstorm, which I appreciated since we don't get those out here in California. It did put the kibosh on outside playtime tho. We took Spencer to see Shrek 3, which was just okay. She got fidgety about 3/4 of the way through, and I couldn't blame her. I was getting fidgety too. She plopped down on my lap for the rest of the movie and then we headed out for some shopping. We each got a new book, although as I started reading mine I realized I had read it before. Sigh. That's what I get for tearing through my books with a voracious appetite. I forget what I have and haven't read sometimes.

The visit went by quickly and I can't wait to get back to see the sweeties again....oh and of course spend some time visiting with my brother and sister-in-law. It's okay, I think they're getting used to coming in second place to the girls. :-) Of course, I had to get home to catch up on my rest. I was exhausted from chasing Spencer around after only 3 days. I don't know how they do it every day, but they do. And they do an awesome job of it.

No comments: